Saturday, March 31, 2018

Night, Night Farm | Book Review


Cute cartoon animals illustrate the pages of this book as the reader explores the farm, making animal sounds, and telling them all goodnight. It begins with an overview of the farm then travels to say goodnight to the pigs, cows, horses, cats, sheep, chickens, and mice. I have to say that I loved the two little mice who scampered across the pages of this book.

The rhyme is catchy and easy to read, though a few of the words feel a little odd and out of place—like it seems to mix proper rhyme with a sudden cutesy phrases (“Oh, the animals God has made! And hey, He made me too!” for exam
ple).

As soon as I got this in, I opened it to explore the “touch and feel” aspects. I loved the curly sheep, the smooth pig, the furry horse, fuzzy cat, and glossy hen’s comb. But then, on the second-to-last page, there was nothing to feel besides an indent on the page. I suppose I like consistency. Where the animals had a little circle to feel a “sample” of their skin, there was an embossed “car” for mice? At least, I think that was what the “feel” was supposed to be. My younger sister read it, and brought it to me with the same question, “Where is the touch-and-feel on this page?” It’s not a huge issue and doesn’t alter the reading of the book, but I can see many inquisitive toddlers running their fingers along the page disappointed.

*I received this book from Book Look Bloggers and happily provided my honest review*



2 comments:

Ryana Lynn said...

What a sweet little book! My brother would have loved this when he was little!

Amanda Tero said...

@ Ryana - aw, yes, it is a book that little kids would likely love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...