Friday, March 23, 2018

Count it All Joy | AudioBook Review


I didn’t realize when I began this book (listening to it audio-version) that it is a study on the book of Philippians. Wow. Dr. Jeremiah covers so much material in this book and it is well worth the reading (or listening to).

At this point in my life, I really needed the reminders in Philippians, and Dr. Jeremiah used many illustrations that really drove the points home. He goes from church members’ responsibilities to individuals’ lifestyles to our attitude and focus to suffering and more. Most of this is very practical, down-to-earth, and everyday-applicable. I now want to get the paperback form to have on my shelves.

He uses a few various versions of the Bible, which I prefer KJV, but it didn’t alter the doctrine of the book at all.

I highly recommend this for Christians who are finding themselves in a rut of life and need a bit of encouragement and direction. There is a big emphasis on joy (given the title), especially in the midst of suffering—no matter what that suffering is.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...