Friday, December 8, 2017

God Bless My Family | First Line Friday and Review

Happy Friday! For this Friday's first line, I'll just show you the first page. Then you get to read it and see the adorable art!


As usual, connecting with Hoarding Books for First Line Friday!
What is your favorite children's book?
What are you reading this weekend?



My Review
I have a thing for children's books. I have to think harder than to say "It's truly adorable." But this one IS. After I received it in the mail, I had laid it out and at least four family members picked it up, read it, and proclaimed, "This is the cutest book ever!" I'm from a big family, so I appreciate the positive focus on family. It covers daddy, mommy, brother, sister, grandma, grandpa, cousins, uncles, and aunts, and how God has placed each in the family for a special reason. 

The illustrations are adorable. Soft pencil drawings of dogs--who wouldn't like that? I did think that some of them were questionable as far as two dogs walking hand-in-hand (paw-in-paw). I just know some of my siblings and their curious minds ("How can the dog climb the tree?" for instance). That would be the only critical aspect I would have to say of this book. It doesn't really bother me. Just if you're going to have a very literal child, they may be puzzled about some of the art.

*I received this book from BookLook Bloggers and happily provided my honest review*

8 comments:

englishmysteriesblog said...

Super cute! Happy Friday Amanda!

Unknown said...

Favorite children's book growing up: Charlotte's Web

Water: Book One of the Water Series by Emory Gayle

Prologue: "My lungs burned".

Iola said...

Beautiful words and beautiful pictures! The only problem is that all the children I know are too old to appreciate it!

I'm sharing from The House on Foster Hill by Jamie Jo Wright on my blog, but had to put it down because nighttime and suspense and a need to sleep. So I'm currently reading something a little lighter: Holding the Fort by Regina Jennings. Here's the first line:

The fumes of the gaslights at the foot of the stage protected Louisa Bell from the more noxious odors of her audience.

Just the kind of lighthearted read I enjoy! The weather forecast for the weekend is looking bright and sunny, so I'm planning to get back into The House on Foster Hill when the sun comes out :)

Becky said...

Happy Friday!

My 1st line is from Shattered Memories by Debbie Lynne Costello:

"Why can't you have him arrested and demand our money back?"

MeezCarrie said...

awww! how sweet! My current first line is from Julie Lessman's For Love of Liberty - "Abominable." :)

Suzie Waltner said...

Such a sweet book!

The first line of the book I'm currently reading is: "Who am I?" From His Forgotten Fiancee by Evelyn M. Hill

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I am sharing the first line from the YA Christian Dystopian novel All Things Now Living by Rondi Bauer Olson on my blog. Here I will post the first two lines from the novel I am starting next, Count Me In by Mikal Dawn:

"The little hairs on the back of Allegra Spencer's neck stood at attention. He was behind her."

Amanda Tero said...

@ English Mysteries – thanks!

@ Melissa – you know, that’s a book I’ve not read yet. And wow, great first line!

@ Iola – ah, that is a predicament. My nieces and nephews are just now joining the family, so I’ll have children around for a while yet. Both authors I’d love to read someday!

@ Becky – ooh, good one.

@ Carrie – one-word does it, huh? That’s great.

@ Suzie – yes, it was. Good first line!

@ Nicole – that sounds like it starts off intense! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...