Thursday, May 4, 2017

Jesus Loves Me | Book Review

Children's book plus music...of course this is a book that called my name! The children's son, "Jesus Loves Me" is coupled with woodland art and fun, whimsical text. Three verses of "Jesus Loves Me" are depicted in this book. The first verse that we all know, but then the other two I don't recall ("As He loved so long ago" and "Walking with me on my way"). I didn't particularly care for the fact that the last two verses kind of seemed to illustrate Jesus as a moose (when it said "Taking children on His knee," it was a picture of a moose with a kitten on its knee; when it said, "Jesus...[walks] with me on my way" it has a moose holding the kitten's hand). I'm not sure that children would see it as "this is supposed to be Jesus" but my sister and I separately thought it was depicted as such. That just sends a not-so-great vibe with me. So if things like that don’t bother you, this is a really cute book for children. 
*I received this book from Book Look Bloggers and happily provided my review.*


31132810

Available on Amazon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...