Friday, April 28, 2017

Spurgeon Gems | FLF 4.27.17

My choice for #firstlinefriday is a book I stared on Sunday, Spurgeon Gems. You can get it for free on Kindle and I definitely think it's worth it!

Since this is just a book full of random quotes, I'm choosing one of my favorites (I have highlighted not quite half the book... a lot of great stuff in there!).




"Do not begin until you have prayed! 
Begin, continue and end everything with prayer, 
but especially begin with prayer."
(Spurgeon Gems, Charles H. Spurgeon

First...
Pull a book from your shelf and share a first line!

Then...
Be sure to hop along to all of these other blogs and see what First Lines they have to share!
Please note that I may not fully endorse all of the books that these bloggers read or the content in these blogs.

Rachel - Bookworm Mama
Lauraine - Lauraine's Notes
Andi - Radiant Light
Robin - Robin's Nest
Kathleen - Kathleen Denly
Jessica – A Baker’s Perspective
Trisha – Joy of Reading


12 comments:

Fiction Aficionado said...

Very wise words!

Since I have so many wonderful first lines to choose from at the moment, I'm going to share a different one here than on my blog. It's the first line from Varina Denman's 'Looking Glass Lies':

"I woke up in the middle of the night in our cavernous walk-in closet. Again."

Trisha said...

The line I’m going to share with you here is different than the one featured on my blog post. This book is one that my 9 year old son is currently reading for the second time.

“This is a true story. Well some of it. Most of it.”
Harlow & Sage (and Indiana) A true story about best friends by: Brittni Vega

1bgpayne said...

I'll have to get that book.
Today I’m sharing the first line from Cynthia Roemer’s debut book that came out today.
Under This Same Sky
Illinois ~ May 8, 1854
Nothing could have prepared her for this.
Nothing.

englishmysteriesblog said...

It seems like it would be easy to highlight the entire book. :)

Becky said...

Happy Friday (is it really?)!! My first line is from a nonfiction book that is being released on May 2nd, Women Who Move Mountains by Sue Detweiler: ” ‘Get my baby out!’ I screamed with a raspy voice.”

And one of my favorite quotes: “Every day we have the opportunity to agree with God & allow His perspective to flood us with His hope. It’s like having a pressure washer in your mind.”

Unknown said...

What wise words. I will need to grab this book!

Kay Garrett said...

“You get out there, and I mean now.”
My Heart Belongs in the Superstition Mountains – Carmela’s Quandary by Susan Page Davis

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

I am going to have to snag this one from Amazon. Happy Friday!

Caryl Kane said...

PROLOGUE

They were coming. - Orphan's Song by Gillian Bronte Adams

HAPPY FRIDAY and HAPPY READING!

Jessica Baker said...

Wow that may just be my favorite first line ever. Such a fantastic quote!!! So glad you shared.

Andi said...

Sorry I am so late. We had our granddaughters last night and part of today. I'm a huge fan of quotes, sometimes an entire sermon can be summed up in one and you remember it longer.
Have a great Sabbath day.

Amanda Tero said...

I'm happy to share Spurgeon with you all. :) Here's hoping y'all get it and read it, and that it blesses you as much as it did me. :)

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...