Monday, April 10, 2017

Scripture Graphics #34

This verse evokes deep gratitude. Jesus Christ suffered separation from God (Matt 27:45-46) so that we, as His children, will never be separated from God!

"Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;" Romans 12:12
"Pray without ceasing." 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Recently, I have found myself to be more faithful to ask others to pray, than for me to pray myself. For example, I see a potential hard day and ask, "Please pray for me;" yet I have neglected to pray myself. While it is not wrong to share prayer requests, at times we need to check our own prayer life.
- Am I praying about all things? Or do I get wrapped up in the challenge of "solving this myself?"
- Am I being diligent to pray daily? Or do I pray only when trials come my way?
- Am I praying instead of worrying?
- Am I praying for others?
- Are my prayers infused with praise to God?
And the list can go on.


How grateful I am that my sanctification and assurance of God dwelling with us is no longer based on our faithfulness to fulfill a ritual! The whole of Hebrews 10 is a good parallel passage, but here's one verse: "For by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified." (Heb 10:14)

I read this after reading Exodus 32. The children of Israel, not content to wait for Moses to give them God's Word, fell into gross sin. 
Does our steadfast faithfulness to God waver when there is silence? If we do not see Him work or hear direction from Him, do we turn to a "God-substitute" (today it is not graven images, but many things can steal our attention and affection)? Or are we faithful to wait, certain that His ways are best, even in the silence?


Where are you reading in your Bible this week?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...