Monday, October 5, 2015

Psalm 119:67-68

Psalm 119:67-68
(67)  Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

Afflicted - OT:6031 `anah (aw-naw'); a primitive root [possibly rather ident. with OT:6030 through the idea of looking down or browbeating]; to depress literally or figuratively, transitive or intransitive (in various applications, as follows):

Astray - OT:7683 shagag (shaw-gag'); a primitive root; to stray, i.e. (figuratively) sin (with more or less apology):

God uses afflictions to get our walk back to His path. Do I balk at afflictions, testings, troubles, trials? Or do I stop to ask the Lord how He's using them in my life? Can I say like the Psalmist, "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes." (Psalm 119:71)

(68)  Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.

Just as we must believe in God's commandments (vs. 66), we must believe that God is good to be fully receptive to His truth. God is good. Can I say that at any moment of any day?

"Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart." (Psalm 73:1)

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...