Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Word Wednesday #72 | Link-up

"And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net." Luke 5:5

Two different thoughts with this verse:
- Am I willing to turn back and "keep doing" what the Lord leads me to do, even if I have previously seen no results? Am I willing to obey simply "at His Word?"
- That night the men had toiled uselessly in their own strength. But, upon later receiving the commandment from Jesus, they gleaned the fruits of  going in His timing and His power.


Share a verse that God has given you today or copy the button if you'd like to join in Word Wednesdays with your blog!
 
 


2 comments:

Kenzi said...

And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands. And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. ~ Daniel 10:10-12

Daniel was greatly beloved by God and the angels. And no wonder when you look at his life. Daniel was a man that feared God, kept His word, proclaimed God's goodness before three of the greatest kings who ever lived and knew how to war in prayer. How many of these characterize my life? Do my actions and choices reveal that I'm greatly beloved?

Amanda Tero said...

@ Kenzi,

Wow, those are some neat thoughts! Thanks for sharing!

~Amanda

"Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children," Ephesians 5:1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...