Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Word Wednesday #63

This verse is from a month ago, but I need to review it more often:

"He loveth transgression that loveth strife: and he that exalteth his gate seeketh destruction. " Proverbs 17:19

To continually be in these "wit battles" to "one up" a person is only walking to destruction. Even in jest one can love strife and in teasing it is still sin to "exalt my gate."


"He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit." 
Proverbs 17:27

Share a verse that God has given you today or copy the button if you'd like to join in Word Wednesdays with your blog!
 
 


3 comments:

Janell said...

The verse I'm sharing today is one that actually popped into my head half way through my devotions this morning. I was "trying to concentrate" and let the Lord speak to me, but had forgotten to take a moment to just ask Him to reveal His truth to me, and this verse came to me.

"Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law."
Psalm 119:18

Kenzi K said...

Definitely food for thought...thanks for sharing, Amanda!

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
He only is my rock and rock and salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.:
~ Psalm 62:5

Verse 5 has been one of my memory verses this week and it's been good for me to be visiting with it again. How often I'm tempted to wait on others, wait on circumstances, what on my plans rather than ONLY upon God. Also what peace comes when He alone is the object of our expectations.

~ Kenzi

Amanda Tero said...

@ Janell-- I can't tell you how MANY times God has reminded me of that very verse for that very purpose!!! :) I NEED the reminder!!

@ Kenzi-- The whole passage in Psalm 62 speaks to me every time I read it. Makes me ask: "Can I say this?"

~Amanda

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...