Monday, July 27, 2015

Psalm 119:46-48

Psalm 119:46-48
(46)  I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.

The verse that immediately comes to mind is Luke 12:11-12, "And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say." Am I committed to God's truth so that, even if I'm brought before higher (human) powers, I will speak of God's Word and be steadfast?

What if I'm not being tested or persecuted? What if opportunity ever arose for me to hold a conversation with "great" men or women? Would I be ashamed of my belief in God and His Word so that I will smooth talk over it? or will I stay firm in the truth that my heart is grounded upon?

(47)  And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.
(48)  My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.

Just a simple search of "love-delight" shows:
"How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?" (Proverbs 1:22)

"As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him." (Psalms 109:17)


That which we love, we delight in. If we love simplicity, we will delight in scorning. If we love cursing, we will not delight in blessing. But! If we love God's Word, we will delight in His commandments (coupled with "delighting in" is the idea of meditating upon). Oh for more love for the Word of God!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...