Friday, October 10, 2014

Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow

My photography project this time was fun. Spider Lilies have sprung up around our place and so I captured a few of them. As I was taking pictures, the words to the Doxology flowed through my mind. So . . .


This is not my typical style, but it was fun to experiment with. When I was taking pictures, I set the camera close to the ground and blindly pointed it up underneath the spider lily to capture it and the sky. Because of the lens and distance, it didn't focus, but I thought the result was kinda neat (like a watercolor).

Unedited base

I took that image as my base then overlaid it with another picture at half opacity.

Unedited top layer (put it at 50% opacity)

And then, I added the words, experimenting with the "glow." And that's the behind-the-scenes of my picture this week. :)

Just as a bonus, this is the look that I usually gravitate towards:

Low saturation


"And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: 
for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee." 
(Psalm 9:10)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...