Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday - In Tune


In Tune
Previously posted on my family's blog


The Lord allowed me to purchase my own piano in April 2010. Before I moved it into our house, I noticed that it needed tuning, but tuning a piano is expensive! Months passed with me playing it, cringing, and thinking, “I really need to get this tuned!” And of course, I still did not make a move towards tuning it. I knew the main benefit of tuning my piano: it would be so much more pleasant to play and teach on, but I also weighed the personal loss: I was not willing to spare that money needed to tune it.

The inside of my piano

As I was thinking about my neglect in hiring a piano tuner, the Lord helped me to link the piano to my spiritual walk with Him. How often do I know that I need to “tune up” my life, but when I realize the sacrifice and time it takes, I neglect it? I know that my life would flow in a smooth stream of harmony and music instead of the current of dissonance and clangs, but because I am not willing to make the sacrifice, my life continues in dissonance.

Just like my piano, my heart will not resonate with lovely music until I decide to make the sacrifice needed to bring it back in tune.

~*~*~
“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”
Psalm 51:10

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...